Today's World Cup downhill tracks are steep, technical monsters with ever-changing conditions. Our pros needed a mid-spike tire that could handle dry, loose, blown-out corners as well as a bit of mud. The Shorty is that tire. A high-volume, dual-ply downhill casing makes the Shorty a more versatile option than a dedicated mud spike like our Wet Scream. Large, tall and slightly staggered side knobs penetrate loose soil to provide predictable, stable cornering at warp speeds. The alternating pattern of the center tread features widely-spaced knobs to clear debris, and their square shape offers plenty of braking bite. For downhill mountain biking in gnarly, mixed conditions, the Shorty can't be beat!
3C Maxx Terra
- Use: AM / EN
- Folding Clincher
- Weight: 925g / 26x2.0 (58-559), 865g / 27.5x2.30 (58-584), 910g / 29x2.30 (58-622)
- Rubber compound: 3C MaxxTerra
- The right 3C mix for our Enduro and Freeride tires. Smooth running uphill, as well as best grip downhill distinguish this mixture as well as a long life.
Tubeless ready (TR)
- Tubeless tires have many advantages: you can drive with less air pressure. This gives better traction and reduces rolling resistance. And where there is no hose, the risk of breakdown also decreases. MAXXIS TR tires are better prepared for installation with sealing milk than other "Tubeless Ready" tires. The bead of our TR tires is completely covered with a rubber layer like a real UST tubeless tire. As a result, tubeless fitting on all rims with standard dimensions is already successful on initial inflation and with little fluid.
Even "normal" MAXXIS MTB tires can be mounted like other tubeless tires with sealant as the carcass fabrics are very dense.
Officially released for tubeless assembly and guaranteed by MAXXIS are only the new MAXXIS TR models. Tubeless mounting of other models is at your own risk.
- This extremely cut and abrasion resistant material protects the sidewall of various MTB tires. It is very dense, light and very flexible. As a result, the performance of the tires remains convincingly good.