The Minion DHF is the standard by which all other downhill tires are measured. The DHF incorporates ramped knobs for low rolling resistance and channel-cut knobs to increase gripping edges, giving straight-line control and precise cornering.
Tubeless ready (TR)
- Use: AM / EN
- Foldable Clincher
- Weight: 1050g / 29x2.50' 63-622, 990g / 29x2.60' 66-622
- Rubber compound: 3C MaxxGrip or 3C MaxxTerra
- Tubeless tires have many advantages: you can drive with less air pressure. This gives better traction and reduces rolling resistance. And where there is no hose, the risk of breakdown also decreases. MAXXIS TR tires are better prepared for installation with sealing milk than other "Tubeless Ready" tires. The bead of our TR tires is completely covered with a rubber layer like a real UST tubeless tire. As a result, tubeless fitting on all rims with standard dimensions is already successful on initial inflation and with little fluid.
Even "normal" MAXXIS MTB tires can be mounted like other tubeless tires with sealant as the carcass fabrics are very dense.
Officially released for tubeless assembly and guaranteed by MAXXIS are only the new MAXXIS TR models. Tubeless mounting of other models is at your own risk.
- This extremely cut and abrasion resistant material protects the sidewall of various MTB tires. It is very dense, light and very flexible. As a result, the performance of the tires remains convincingly good.
Wide Trail Casing (WT)
- Our Wide Trail (WT) design optimizes the profile layout and tire shape on today's wider wheel rims. Traditional tires are developed for narrow rims and get on square wheels too angular shape and thus a not exactly optimal performance.
WT tires are optimized for an inner rim width of 35 mm, but work perfectly on all rims with an internal dimension between 30 and 40 mm.
3C Maxx Grip
- Our well-known 3C downhill compound, which many of the best downhillers have trusted for years, is now called 3C MaxxGrip. 3C MaxxGrip provides the ultimate in grip and cushioning for unparalleled downhills traction.
3C Maxx Terra
- The right 3C mix for our Enduro and Freeride tires. Smooth running uphill, as well as best grip downhill distinguish this mixture as well as a long life.