Ksyrium Pro UST Disc
A proven all-around performer, now updated with our UST Road Tubeless system and road disc brakes
Weight: 1650 grams (Pair without tyre)
Roll faster and smoother with a reduced risk of punctures
With UST Road Tubeless, no tube means no friction. So you experience less rolling resistance and higher speeds.
UST Road Tubeless lets you ride with lower tire pressure for smoother ride and a reduced risk of punctures
Our patented UST system offers a perfect union between tire and wheel, so installation, removal and maintenance are easy
Climb and accelerate with efficiency and agility
ISM 4D rim machining produces superlight rims
Zicral spokes and Instant Drive 360 freewheel system lower overall weight while maintaining stiffness, giving you low friction and fast engagement
Descend with the confidence of powerful, reliable disc brakes
24 spokes front and rear for optimized brake torque distribution
Front hub convertible from 12mm to 15mm thru-axle to quick release
Rear hub convertible from 12x142 thru-axle to quick release
6-Bolt or Center Lock brake compatible, Also XD Road with an optional driver body
Combining the performance attributes of our new UST Road Tubeless system and purpose-built disc-brake technology, this new addition to the Ksyrium family is a versatile all-rounder for your most challenging road rides.
The lightweight rims, engineered with our unique ISM 4D technology, are built wider with a 19mm internal width and 23mm external width. They are integrated with the new Yksion Pro UST tubeless tire to create a user-friendly tubeless system that makes it easy to install and remove tires. And the benefits of the Road Tubeless system are clear: lower rolling resistance and the smoother ride quality that comes with the ability to run lower tire pressure with a reduced risk of punctures. So you can ride faster, more comfortably, while expending less energy.
Our extensive experience designing mountain bike disc wheels informed the engineering process of these wheels. Unlike a wheel with rim brakes, braking torque is distributed through the hub, spokes and lower rim before it reaches the ground. The braking load is also higher on the front wheel since the center of gravity is transferred to the front of the bike when it’s decelerating. Thus, the front wheel needs to be overbuilt with more spokes (24 instead of 18 or 20), and those spokes need to be crossed on each side of the wheel to make sure brake torque is evenly distributed.
The rear wheel also needs 24 spokes, but since the braking torque is generally lower, we use Isopulse lacing (radial lacing on the drive side) to maintain a better balance of the spoke tension, thus greater stability and stiffness.
The front hub is convertible from 12mm to 15mm thru-axle or quick release. The rear wheel features the fast-engaging Drive 360 freewheel system. It comes with a 12x142 thru-axle and is convertible to quick release.
The freewheel system is compatible with Shimano/SRAM and can be converted to Campagnolo or SRAM XD with optional driver bodies.
- Front: 12x100mm TA, convertible to 15mm TA or QR
- Rear: 12x142mm TA, convertible to QR
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- Tyre 700x25: 260 grams
- Pair without tyre: 1650 grams
- Front without tyre: 770 grams
- Rear without tyre: 880 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Max. Pressure tubeless: 25mm 6 bars 87 PSI, 28mm 5 bars - 70 PSI. Max pressure tubetype: 25mm 7 bars - 102 PSI, 28mm 6 bars - 87 PSI
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Height: 22 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Drilling: Fore
- Joint: SUP
- Material: Maxtal
- Shape: straight pull, bladed, double butted front and rear non drive side
- Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Material: Zicral
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts or Center Lock