Ksyrium Elite UST Disc
Updated with Road Tubeless technology and optimized for disc-brake performance, this proven performer is lightweight, strong and versatile.
Roll faster and smoother with a reduced risk of punctures.
With UST Road Tubeless, no tube means no friction. So you experience less rolling resistance and higher speeds.
UST Road Tubeless lets you ride with lower tire pressure for a smoother ride and a reduced risk of punctures.
Our patented UST system offers a perfect union between tire and wheel, so installation, removal and maintenance are easy.
Climb, accelerate and sprint faster.
19mm internal rim width increases air volume.
ISM 4D superlight rim.
Double-butted steel spokes keep the weight down, for a fast and comfortable ride.
Powerful, reliable disc brakes for more confidence and control.
24 spokes front and rear for optimized brake torque distribution.
Front hub convertible from 12mm or 15mm thru-axle to quick release.
Rear hub convertible from 12x142 thru-axle to quick release
Center Lock brake compatible.
A favorite for everyday road training and racing, this versatile wheel system produces a lightweight, dynamic ride quality that now has the added benefits of our UST Road Tubeless technology.
This patented system provides seamless integration between the wheel and our new Yksion Elite UST tubeless tires. It makes installation, removal and maintenance easier than ever, and you get all the benefits of tubeless, including less rolling resistance and a smoother, more controlled ride quality. Without tubes, you can run lower tire pressure with no risk of pinch flats, and the sealant helps prevent punctures.
The rims are engineered using our ISM 4D technology and a wider design (19mm internal/23mm external). ISM stands for Inter Spoke Milling, a unique process that trims the thickness of the rim wall between the spokes to create a rim that’s lighter but still very durable. To reinforce the front wheel for disc brakes, we increased the spoke count to 24.
The hub is compatible with a 12mm thru-axle, 15mm thru-axle or quick release. The rear wheel uses 24 straight-pull spokes laced to our lightweight, fast engagement Instant Drive 360 hub mechanism. Delivered in 12x142, it can be also converted to regular quick release.
It’s compatible with Shimano or SRAM cassettes and can be converted to Campagnolo or SRAM XD-R.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Front axle: 12mm thru axle, easily convertible to quick release with included adapters. Convertible to 15mm with complete axle replacement
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with included adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3430101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- 12x135 rear axle adapters (V2510901)
- 12 to 9mm rear adapter for quick release (V2510801 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12x142 rear axle adapters (V2510701 Delivered with the wheel)
- 15mm axle (V2373501)
- 12 to 9mm front adapter for quick release (V2680301 Delivered with the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1670 grams
- Front without tyre: 770 grams
- Rear without tyre: 900 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Front: Quick release, 12x100 and 15x100 through axle compatible
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Height: 22 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Drilling: Fore
- Joint: SUP
- Material: Maxtal
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, flat
- Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI
UST Tubeless Ready
- Disc standard: Center Lock(R) only
Traction, control and lightweight
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
Light and strong
Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
Stiffer and stronger
Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
Instant Drive 360
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +
Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
Stronger and smoother joint
Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions
An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance ; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag
Optimum energy transfer
The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximise drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.