Ksyrium Elite UST
A rider favorite for more than a decade, Ksyrium Elite is now updated with our UST Road Tubeless system.
Roll faster and smoother with a reduced risk of punctures.
With UST Road Tubeless, no tube means no friction. So you experience less rolling resistance and higher speeds.
UST Road Tubeless lets you ride with lower tire pressure for a smoother ride and a reduced risk of punctures.
Our patented UST system offers a perfect union between tire and wheel, so installation, removal and maintenance are easy.
Wide, lightweight rims for a comfortable, agile ride.
17mm internal rim width for increased air volume.
ISM 4D superlight rim.
Double butted steel spokes.
Engineered durability lets you ride more miles without any worries.
Spoke and rim interface are secured with Fore drilling.
Sealed cartridge bearings designed to last many miles.
The Ksyrium Elite road wheel has been a benchmark for reliability, light weight and versatility for more than a decade.
This updated version makes it easier than ever to experience the benefits of riding tubeless. Integrated with our Yksion Elite UST Tubeless tires, the system makes installation, removal and maintenance simple and hassle-free. Eliminating the tube reduces friction in the system, which means less rolling resistance and higher speeds. You can also lower your tire pressure, which gives you a smoother, more comfortable ride plus added control on rough roads. And you’ll enjoy a reduced risk of punctures, so you can ride with confidence and push yourself farther.
The rims are engineered with our patented Fore Drilling to form a stronger connection between the spokes and the rim. Isopulse lacing improves stability and boosts lateral stiffness while sprinting or climbing. Our exclusive patented ISM 4D process strategically removes excess material from the rim while maintaining it around the spokes, where tension is applied.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (30871201)
- FTS-L Shimano / SRAM freewheel body (30871101 Delivered on the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1520 grams
- Front without tyre: 665 grams
- Rear without tyre: 855 grams
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17TC ROAD
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Height: front 22 mm, rear 25 mm asymmetrical
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Drilling: Fore
- Brake track: UB Control
- Joint: SUP
- Material: Maxtal
- Shape: straight pull, flat, double butted
- Material: steel
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Count: front 18, rear 20
UST Tubeless Ready
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI
Traction, control and lightweight.
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
Light and strong
Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +
Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
Stronger and smoother joint
Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +
Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and topped with a micro-adjustability system.
Force Transfer System Light
Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.
Optimum energy transfer
The spokes are laced radially on the drive side and crossed 2 on the non drive side to maximize drive side dish, thus providing a better spoke tension balance between left and right flanges.
Inter Spoke Milling 4 Dimensions.
An exclusive Mavic patented concept, ISM 4D significantly reduces weight and inertia without compromising durability. Quicker accelerations, better handling and more resistance ; the right mix to make the most of any ride. The smooth profile also helps reducing aerodynamic drag.
Stiffer and stronger
Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.