The No. 1 choice of Olympic and world champion track racers.
Unbeatable aero performance shaves seconds off your time.
New wider elliptical rim shape.
5 aircraft wing spokes for lower wind resistance.
Engineered stiffness for sharp steering and maximum power transfer.
Wider rim for maximum stiffness.
Woven 3K carbon fiber.
Roll faster with greater efficiency.
Tubular rims and interchangeable QRM cartridge bearings minimize friction.
First introduced in 1996 and continually improved over the past two decades, the iO RIO has won more Olympic track medals than any other wheel in the world.
The latest generation iO RIO, updated for the last Olympic Games, delivers an even greater competitive advantage. It features a wider rim to better integrate the slightly larger tubular tires that are now popular with track racers. And each of the five spokes has a NACA profile for further improved aerodynamic drag. The new iO RIO is ready to break its own records
- Front without tire: 750 grams
- Body: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi
- Recommended tyre sizes: 18 to 25 mm
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Tyre: tubular
- 5 aircraft wing shaped spokes
- Woven carbon fiber