Ellipse Pro Carbon UST
Developed with top speedsters in the Red Hook Crit series, this new carbon wheel system is super-aero, sturdy, and flat-out fast, for racing crit or track
Aerodynamic and stiff for speed and acceleration.
64mm deep full carbon NACA rim profile.
26mm wide, optimized for 25mm tires for low drag and high crosswind stability.
20 flat straight pull spokes, laced 3x, for high lateral stiffness.
Fast and efficient on straights, more control when cornering.
UST eliminates tube friction for less rolling resistance.
UST lets you ride with lower tire pressures for improved grip in the corners.
11-Storm tire compound delivers the perfect balance between rolling efficiency and grip.
Easy to set up and maintain for daily training or race use.
Simple tubeless tire set up and high puncture protection.
Flip-flop rear hub lets you use 2 cogs on the same wheel for more versatility.
This is the secret weapon for fixed gear racers. When these speed demons are hammering the streets in ultra-fast, ultra-technical crits like the famous Red Hook series, they demand wheels that deliver speed, reliability, and even more speed.
These wheels were developed with racers who initially rode our proven Ellipse training wheels, a standard for velodrome and fixed gear winter training. But we knew we could do better, so we began testing various rim depths, spokes and lacing styles in tubular, clincher, and then UST Tubeless.
This process led to the Ellipse Pro Carbon UST. The race-proven 64mm deep Comete Pro Carbon UST rims are laced up with 20 patented steel aero spokes on our sturdy Ellipse hub. The rear hub is flip-flop style, so you can mount one cog on each side and make quick gear ratio swaps according to the racecourse or terrain.
The wheel-tire system also comes with our super-fast and efficient Yksion Pro UST tubeless tires in 25mm, and the rubber can be replaced with track-specific clincher tires for any indoor training sessions at your local velodrome.
- Rear axle: for fixing nuts only (included), M10x1 thread
- Front axle: for fixing nuts only (included), M10x1 thread
- Freewheel: fixed cog only, flip-flop hub (one cog possible on each hub side). Cog thread: 1,37x24TPI. Lock ring thread: left thread M33x1
- Pair without tyre: 1815 grams
- Front without tyre: 865 grams
- Rear without tyre: 950 grams
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: steel
- Fixed cog
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+)
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Height: 64mm
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- Brake track: carbon with iTgMAX technology
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Shape: straight pull, aero, double butted
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front radial, rear crossed 2
- Count: 20 front and rear
UST Tubeless Ready
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI
Traction, control and lightweight
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
Integral Glass Transition Temperature
iTgMAX consists in an inner rim bed finished with multiple layers of seamless carbon fiber to achieve a unique one-piece rim contour without cutting any fibers. The brake track is then finished with a laser machining to ensure the best braking efficiency.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +
Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.