Deemax Pro Limited Edition Sam Hill
We took the legendary performance of the Deemax Pro and improved it even more for two-time Enduro World Series champ Sam Hill.
Ultra-responsive ride quality.
Confident handling and durability you can count on.
- 28mm wide (internal) rims proven fastest through extensive testing with top pro enduro racers.
- ISM 4D construction, Isopulse lacing and 24 Zicral spokes deliver maximum acceleration in a lightweight package.
UST Tubeless for added traction and control.
- ISM 4D rim technology minimizes weight without sacrificing strength.
- Maxtal alloy rims and Zicral spokes for added strength and durability.
- User-friendly tubeless technology for better traction and control with reduced risk of punctures.
- Wheelset ships with UST valves.
Whether you’re an enduro racer or an all-mountain ripper, you need a wheel that delivers the perfect balance of strength, stiffness and lightweight agility—so you can push it on rowdy descents and still hammer up climbs with efficiency.
The Deemax Pro, weighing 1930g, gives you the confidence to nail new lines and carry more speed on technical downhill terrain. It was developed with input from top pro racers, including 2017/2018 Enduro World Series champion Sam Hill.
The rims are lightweight, yet also strong enough to withstand the abuses of hard-charging trail riding. Our innovative ISM 4D manufacturing process removes any unnecessary material from the rim. This process minimizes weight and reduces inertia while leaving enough material on the sidewalls and spoke bed where most of the stresses apply.
The internal rim width, which affects tire shape and size, is 28mm based on the choice of our pro riders. The result is a wheel that’s strong and light for acceleration and control on the most aggressive trails.
The wheel is laced with 24 Zicral spokes for maximum power and brake torque transfer. The rear hub features our fast-engaging ID 360 freehub and is compatible with any drivetrain setup. The front hub is 15x100/20x110 or 15x110 (Boost) compatible, and the rear wheel comes in 12x142 or 12x148 (Boost)
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Freewheel: Shimano Micro Spline
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with optional adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM or XD
- ID360 Shimano Micro Spline alloy freewheel body (V3990101)
- Boost : 12x148 rear axle adapters (V2510701 Delivered with the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V3740101)
- ID360 Shimano alloy freewheel body (V3780101)
- ID360 Shimano steel freewheel body (V3790101)
- Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1930 grams
- Front 650b/27,5" without tyre: 860 grams
- Rear 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1070 grams
- Pair 29" without tyre: 1940 grams
- Front 29" without tyre: 915 grams
- Rear 29" without tyre: 1025 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Recommended tyre sizes: 46mm to 64mm (1.8" to 2.5")
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 4 : ENDURO AND TRAIL RIDING
- ETRTO size 29": 622x28TSS
- Internal width: 28 mm
- ETRTO size 27.5": 584x28TSS
- Hookless profile
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Drilling: Fore
- Material: Maxtal
- Shape: straight pull, flat
- Lacing: front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Material: Zicral
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM or XD
- Hub width : Boost (front 110, rear 148) or Non-Boost (front 100, rear 135/142)
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts only
Stiffer and stronger
Instead of being drilled, the lower rim bridge is pushed up on the inside, then threaded to enable the spoke nipples to be directly screwed in it, leaving the upper rim bridge intact.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +
Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
Light and strong
Exclusive to Mavic, this specific aluminum alloy offers a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
Light, stiff and strong
A specific aluminum alloy that provides spokes with higher stiffness-to-weight ratio while being stronger.