Crossmax Pro Carbon
Cross-country MTB wheels
The most dynamic, high-performance Crossmax wheel we've ever built.
Weight: 1470 grams (Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre)
Dynamic performance, predicable control on the trail.
Full carbon rim provides superior lateral stiffness.
Enhanced fiber lacing improves vertical compliance.
Two-cross spoke pattern on the front and rear improves ride quality and control.
Accelerate and climb faster.
Superlight (1450g in 27.5, 1510g in 29).
Full carbon hookless rim and UST Tubeless compatibility.
Get more traction, control and speed from your wheels.
23mm front/rear internal width perfectly complements 2.1 to 2.35" tires.
Hookless rim adds strength.
It costs much more to build an XC wheel with carbon than with aluminum, but racer feedback tells us the performance doesn’t always live up to the cost. That’s why we engineered the Crossmax Pro Carbon to be significantly lighter and laterally stiffer than alloy, but to also have the same impact resistance and, most importantly, enough vertical compliance to achieve the ride quality synonymous with the Crossmax name.
We pushed our exclusive Finite Element Simulation software to the limit to find a carbon layup that would best balance these attributes. To ensure compatibility with the most common XC tire widths (2.1 to 2.35), we created a 23mm wide front rim for stable tire sidewalls under hard steering forces, and a 23mm wide rear rim for optimal power and acceleration. It is UST compliant for improved traction, puncture resistance and convenience, and the rim is sealed with specifically designed tape. Asymmetric rims balance the spoke tension, using 24 double-butted steel spokes to achieve that sweet spot between lateral stiffness and vertical compliance.
At only 1450g in 27.5'' and 1510g in 29'', the Crossmax Pro Carbon meets the demands of pro racers who have ridden them to World Cup podiums. The hubs are compatible with standard (15x100 and 12x142) and Boost dimensions (15x110 and 12x148).
- Front axle: convertible from 15mm thru axle to Quick Release with adapters (delivered with non-boost wheel)
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with adapters (delivered with non-boost wheel)
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram or XD
- Pair 650b/27,5" without tyre: 1470 grams
- Front 650b/27,5" without tyre: 680 grams
- Rear 650b/27,5" without tyre: 790 grams
- Pair 29" without tyre: 1510 grams
- Front 29" without tyre: 700 grams
- Rear 29" without tyre: 810 grams
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Recommended tyre sizes: 46mm to 64mm (1.8" to 2.5") front and 36 mm to 64 mm (1.4" to 2.5") rear
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 3 : CROSS COUNTRY AND TRAIL RIDING
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Hookless profile
- ETRTO size 29": 622x23TSS
- ETRTO size 27.5": 584x23TSS
- Internal width: 23 mm
- Material: 100% Unidirectional carbon fiber
- Drilling: traditional
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Shape: straight pull, flat, double butted
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Hub width : Boost (front 110, rear 148) or Non-Boost (front 100, rear 135/142)
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts only