Cosmic Ultimate Tubular
Fast and light wheels
The best combination of light, stiff and aero, proven in the UCI World Tour by the worldís top road cyclists. This is the Bugatti Chiron of road wheels.
Weight: 1250 grams (Pair without tyre)
Unbeatable pro-level ride quality and stability.
40mm deep and 25mm wide rims integrate perfectly with 25mm or wider tires
NACA profile provide unbeatable crosswind stability
Ultralight weight helps you climb, sprint and accelerate faster.
Rims, spokes and hubs feature a full carbon monobloc construction. for minimum weight and maximum rigidity.
Incredibly light at only 1250g.
Stiffest wheel system in its class gives you sharp handling and maximum power transfer.
R2R full carbon spoke technology
No spoke drilling, ensuring maximum rigidity and strength
Asymmetrical rear rim profile for maxium power transfer
Ultimate is not just a name, itís the word we reserve for perfection. And itís how we define this wheelset.
The Cosmic Ultimate was introduced 10 years ago and quickly became the wheel choice for pro racers seeking a competitive advantage. With a NACA-inspired 40mm deep, 25mm wide full-carbon tubular rim profile, 20 super-bladed spokes, and high, thin carbon hub flanges, it offers a clear and proven aero advantage.
Itís also ultra-stiff thanks to the unidirectional carbon fiber spokes that donít stretch. These spokes run continuously from one edge of the rim to the other through the hubs (R2R technology) creating one single spoke instead of two. This eliminates the need to mechanically attach the spokes to the hub.
The rear rim is asymmetrical to improve the drive-side bracing angle, so spoke tension is balanced and the wheel stays stiff under the heaviest lateral loads such as sprints or attacks. The rim is made of 12k carbon fibers wrapped over a super rigid foam core. Full-carbon construction means the whole wheel is incredibly light at just 1250g.
Our unique iTgMax technology delivers reliable and consistent braking performance in both wet and dry conditions. Itís no surprise the Cosmic Ultimate is proís choice for the most challenging World Tour races.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (30871201)
- FTS-L Shimano / Sram freewheel body (30871101 Delivered on the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1250 grams
- Front without tyre: 555 grams
- Rear without tyre: 695 grams
- Front hub body: Carbon
- Axle material: aluminum
- Rear body: aluminum
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- Recommended tyre sizes: 23 to 32 mm
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- Brake track: carbon with iTgMAX technology
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Drilling: no holes, spokes molded to the rim
- Height: 40 mm
- Tyre: tubular
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Lacing: crossed 2 front and rear drive side, radial non drive side
- Shape: R2R
- Material: unidirectional carbon fiber
- Count: 20 front and rear