Cosmic Ultimate T
The best combination of light, stiff and aero. Proven in the World Tour by the world’s top pros, these are the Formula One of road racing wheels. 100% handmade in Europe.
Unbeatable pro-level ride quality and stability.
Ultralight weight helps you climb, sprint and accelerate faster.
- 40mm deep and 25mm wide rims integrate perfectly with 25mm or wider tires.
- NACA profile provide unbeatable crosswind stability.
Stiffest wheel system in its class for sharp handling and maximum power transfer.
- Rims, spokes and hubs feature a full carbon monobloc construction for minimum weight and maximum rigidity.
- Incredibly light at only 1200g.
- R2R full carbon spoke technology.
- Asymmetrical rear rim profile for maximum power transfer.
- ID360 freewheel technology provides a fast pedaling engagement.
Ultimate is not just a name, it’s the word we reserve for perfection. And it’s how we define this pro wheelset.
The Cosmic Ultimate was introduced 10 years ago and quickly became the wheel choice for pro racers seeking a competitive advantage. This version sees a major redesign with a new full carbon rear hub, full carbon lacing and ID360 freewheel technology for improved responsiveness.
With a NACA-inspired 40mm deep, 25mm wide full-carbon tubular rim profile, 20 super-bladed spokes, and high, thin carbon hub flanges, it offers a clear and proven aero advantage.
It’s also ultra-stiff thanks to the unidirectional carbon fiber spokes that don’t stretch. These spokes run continuously from one edge of the rim to the other, through the hubs (R2R technology), creating one single spoke instead of two. This eliminates the need to mechanically attach the spokes to the hub.
The rear rim is asymmetrical to improve the drive-side bracing angle, so spoke tension is balanced and the wheel stays stiff under the heaviest lateral loads such as sprints or attacks. The rim is made of 12k carbon fibers wrapped over a super rigid foam core. Full-carbon construction means the whole wheel is incredibly light at just 1200g.
Our unique iTgMax technology delivers reliable and consistent braking performance in both wet and dry conditions. It’s no surprise the Cosmic Ultimate is pro’s choice for the most challenging World Tour races.
Cosmic Ultimate has been designed, engineered and patented by Mavic in Annecy, France, and is 100% handmade in our European carbon factory.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / SRAM freewheel body (V3430101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / SRAM Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- Pair without tyre: 1200 grams
- Front without tyre: 540 grams
- Rear without tyre: 680 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front hub body: Carbon
- Axle material: aluminum
- Rear body: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- Recommended tyre sizes: 23 to 32 mm
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- Brake track: carbon with iTgMAX technology
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Drilling: no holes, spokes molded to the rim
- Height: 40 mm
- Tyre: tubular
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
Instant Drive 360
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Shape: R2R
- Material: unidirectional carbon fiber
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Count: 20 front and rear
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile.
Integral Glass Transition Temperature
iTgMAX consists in an inner rim bed finished with multiple layers of seamless carbon fiber to achieve a unique one-piece rim contour without cutting any fibers. The brake track is then finished with a laser machining to ensure the best braking efficiency.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic +
Our most demanding level. Those cartridge bearings are of course double sealed with C3 internal clearance, and toped with a micro-adjustability system.
Lighter, stiffer, stronger
Rim to Rim. R2R spokes travelling from one side of the rim to the other through the hub.