Cosmic SLR 65 Disc Centerlock Clincher
With a new lighter weight 65mm rim and easier to use Road Tubeless technology, this carbon disc-brake wheel delivers lightning fast speed and efficiency for road racing and triathlons.
The Cosmic name has always been synonymous with speed and performance. This 65mm version for disc brakes is no exception, and it’s the fastest of the family when it comes to hammering the flats and in the wind.
The 65mm deep airfoil rim slices through the wind with minimal drag, and its 26mm wide profile makes it highly stable in crosswind. It also uses our patented elliptical spokes that save another 5 watts to maximize your efficiency.
Another key factor in efficiency is rolling resistance, which we address with our updated UST Road Tubeless system that makes it easier than ever to mount and change tires. No tube means no friction, and more air volume means a smoother, faster ride. Exclusive Fore Carbon technology attaches the spokes to the rim without the need to drill the upper rim bed. With the new rim bed shape, no tape is needed, eliminating any hassles and saving 30g per rim.
We further lowered the weight of the rim with a new laminate and local reinforcement.
Our new Infinity hub platform optimizes spoke lacing and tension for maximum power transfer.
The Instant Drive 360 freewheel, coupled with automatic bearing preload (QRM Auto), provides fast engagement, high stiffness and added durability. It's available with Shimano or SRAM XD-Road driver bodies and converts to Campagnolo with an optional driver body. It's compatible with 12x100 axle up front, and 12x142 rear, and can convert to Quick Release with supplied adapters. For Center Lock disc rotors only Unbeatable aero efficiency and added stability in crosswinds
Faster acceleration and powerful braking performance
- 65mm deep/26mm wide NACA rim profile produces super low drag and stability in cross winds
- Patented lightweight aero spokes
Improved UST Road delivers more speed, comfort and control in an easy to use tubeless system
- New Infinity hub plaform: stiff axle, durable bearings and new hub design with ID360 freewheel technology
- New rim design eliminates need for tape, saving 30g
- Purpose-built for disc brakes
- No tubes means less friction, better efficiency and grip, and a reduced risk of punctures
- New rim bed shape makes it easier to mount and change tires
- Fore Carbon drilling technology doesn't require the use of rim tape
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Front axle: 12x100 thru axle, easily convertible to quick release with included adapters. Not compatible with 15mm through axles.
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with optional adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- 12 to 9mm rear adapter for quick release (LV2510800
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (LV3430100 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (LV2580100)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (LV3440100)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (LV3850100)
- 12 to 9mm front adapter for quick release (LV2680300)
- Pair without tire: 1570 grams
- Front without tire: 720 grams
- Rear without tire: 850 grams
- Infinity Hubs
- Front: Quick release and 12x100 through axle compatible
- QRM Auto bearing preload technology
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- Instant Drive 360 freewheel technology
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesnn't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Fore Carbon tapeless tubeless technology
- Material: 100% carbon fiber
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Height: 64mm
- UST tubeless technology
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Tire: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2, contactless
- Shape: straight pull, elliptical aero, double butted (patented)
- Material: steel
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram or XD-Road
- Disc standard: Center Lock (R) only