Cosmic Pro Carbon SL Tubular
Fast and light wheels
Paris-Roubaix proven. A super light, super strong carbon aero tubular for the toughest conditions.
Weight: 1410 grams (Pair without tyre)
Lightweight, stiff and super strong for the toughest racing conditions.
Wheel system weighs only 1435g.
Superlight carbon tubular rims, weighing 420g each, offer the lowest inertia of the category.
16 spokes on the front wheel and 20 on the rear, for increased lateral stiffness and optimal power transfer.
Aero engineered for faster sprints, breakaways and solo riding.
40mm rim profile adopting a NACA profile for lower drag.
25mm external width for seamless tire integration and superior handling in all conditions.
Patented elliptical spokes enhance aerodynamics.
Better efficiency, handling and control in dry or wet conditions.
Instant Drive 360 freewheel.
Smooth and durable QRM bearings offer low friction and fast engagement.
The brake track offers superior braking performance in dry or wet conditions.
The Cosmic Pro Carbon SL T was originally designed to meet the demands of pro teams who wanted a tubular carbon rim for the toughest conditions including the infamous cobblestones of Paris-Roubaix.
We went through intensive testing, putting an incredible number of prototypes through their paces until we achieved the standards our athletes demanded. Since then the Cosmic Pro Carbon SL T has won Paris-Roubaix and countless other demanding pro and amateur races. The carbon rims feature a unique depth-to-width ratio. At 40mm tall and 25mm wide, they deliver the perfect blend of aerodynamics, light weight, excellent tire support and strength. The 3K carbon external layer hides an incredibly complex inside lay-up using multiple types of carbon fiber that are hand-placed for complete precision.
These unique rims attach to hubs that feature smooth, adjustable cartridge bearings (QRM+) and our lightweight, fast-engaging Instant Drive 360 freewheel system.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3440101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- Pair without tyre: 1410 grams
- Front without tyre: 620 grams
- Rear without tyre: 790 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- Brake track: carbon with iTgMAX technology
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Drilling: traditional
- Height: 40 mm
- Tyre: tubular
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Shape: straight pull, aero, double butted
- Nipples: aluminum, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Count: front 16, rear 20