Cosmic Pro Carbon
Fast and light wheels
The best value carbon aero Wheel-Tire System, reinvented to be lighter and more dynamic.
Weight: 1690 grams (Pair without tyre)
Sprint faster and slice through wind easier.
45mm deep NACA profile produces low drag in varying conditions.
25mm external rim width is optimized for 25mm tire for low drag and predictable crosswind steering.
Patented elliptical spokes further enhance aerodynamics.
Climb and accelerate quicker.
17mm internal rim width and 25mm tires offers low rolling resistance and a smoother ride.
Instant Drive 360 freewheel gives you a fast and smooth ride.
Wheelset weighs only 1690g.
Sharp handling, precision cornering.
12K carbon rim flanges boost stiffness for sharp handling and pedaling efficiency.
The Cosmic Pro Carbon was originally used primarily for fast, flat races, but incremental improvements have given it the versatility it was once missing. At only 1690g with a 45mm deep rim, this wheel system now offers the perfect balance of light weight and aero efficiency.
The new 25mm wide rim shape is NACA compliant for low drag and excellent crosswind stability. It’s an innovative hybrid of alloy and carbon, using the best qualities of both materials. The alloy rim core is ISM (Inter Spoke Milling) machined to remove excess material between each spoke, which minimizes weight. The carbon rim flanges improve aerodynamics by increasing the rim depth and lowering drag. This is much more than a fairing—it’s a structural part of the wheel that adds the lateral and frontal stiffness that racers crave.
The rims are laced with our patented aerodynamic spokes, saving another few watts. The Cosmic Pro Carbon comes with 25mm Yksion Pro tires for improved rolling efficiency and comfort. The front GripLink tire features a supple 127 TPI casing reinforced by a strong Kevlar anti-puncture belt. The tread pattern is optimized for cornering, even on wet roads. The rear Powerlink tire also has a supple 127 TPI casing and a light nylon anti-puncture belt, along with a specific tread pattern for super low rolling resistance.
The wheels come with white or grey decals, but can also be ordered using our customized decals service.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3440101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- Tyre 700x25: 210 grams
- Pair without tyre: 1690 grams
- Front without tyre: 755 grams
- Rear without tyre: 925 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fiber
- Height: 45 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: clincher
- Weight reduction: ISM
- Brake track: UB Control
- Joint: SUP
- Shape: straight pull, aero, double butted
- Nipples: aluminum, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Count: front 16, rear 20
- Breaker: Front Kevlar, Rear polyamide
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Yksion Pro GripLink (front) & PowerLink (rear)
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Casing: 127 TPI