Cosmic Elite UST Disc
Top aero performance on disc-brake road bikes is now more obtainable than ever. UST Tubeless Road technology makes this new wheel-tire system faster and smoother Key benefits Roll faster and smoother with a reduced risk of punctures.
Added speed and efficiency for sprints and solo riding.
- With UST Road Tubeless, no tube means no friction. So you experience less rolling resistance and higher speeds.
- UST Road Tubeless lets you ride with lower tire pressure for smoother ride and a reduced risk of punctures.
- Our patented UST system offers a perfect union between tire and wheel, so installation, removal and maintenance are easy.
Disc-brake technology gives you added braking control.
- 30mm deep aero rim profile .
- Ultra bladed straight pull spokes.
- Aerodynamic hubs.
- Engineered with a disc-brake specific rim profile.
- 12mm thru-axle hub front and rear, convertible to quick release.
- Compatible with Center Lock rotors and XD-R cassette.
The Cosmic Elite is a perfect entry point into high-level race performance. This all-new UST Road Tubeless system delivers a smoother ride and improved puncture resistance while retaining a lightweight feel for climbing and accelerating.
By removing the tube, we’ve also removed friction—so there’s less rolling resistance, which means it requires less energy to reach higher speeds. The UST system, including the sealant that makes the tires more resistant to punctures, is also 40g lighter than a traditional tube and tire system. Wind tunnel testing led us to create a 30mm deep rim that optimizes aero performance and improves stability in crosswinds. The alloy rim benefits from our unrivaled experience creating light yet strong rim extrusions. We do this by carefully tuning the thickness of the rim wall to hit the sweet spot between stiffness, strength and weight.
It’s also engineered specifically for disc brakes, with steel-bladed straight-pull spokes that are stronger than traditional J-bend spokes, which are connected to our strongest hub platform running on smooth QRM bearings.
Our extensive wind tunnel testing led us to create a 30mm deep rim that optimizes aero performance and improves stability in crosswinds. The thickness of the rim wall is carefully tuned to hit the sweet spot between stiffness, strength and weight.
Pedaling torque is further improved with our ID360 freewheel system—light, smooth, stiff and easy to service. This hub easily converts from Shimano/SRAM to Campagnolo or XD cassette. Specifications Compatibility
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Front axle: 12x100 thru axle, easily convertible to quick release with included adapters. Not compatible with 15mm through axles.
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with included adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / SRAM freewheel body (V3430101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / SRAM Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- 12x135 rear axle adapters (V2510901)
- 12 to 9mm rear adapter for quick release (V2510801 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12x142 rear axle adapters (V2510701 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12mm front hub cap (V2680501 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12 to 9mm front adapter for quick release (V2680301 Delivered with the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1870 grams
- Front without tyre: 845 grams
- Rear without tyre: 1015 grams
- Front: Quick release and 12x100 through axle compatible
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17TC ROAD
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Height: 30 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Joint: SUP
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, flat
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Count: 24 front and rear
UST Tubeless Ready
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI
Traction, control and lightweight.
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance. Instant Drive 360
The new Instant Drive 360 freewheel system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°. A large contactless rubber seal provides low friction, while a wide array of end caps makes it super versatile. SUP
Stronger and smoother joint
Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish. QRM
Qualité de Roulements Mavic
Mavic only uses high quality sealed cartridge bearings. On QRM wheels, they feature double sealing (2RS or LLU) together with tight C3 internal clearance.