Cosmic Elite UST Disc
Fast and light wheels
Top aero performance on disc-brake road bikes is now more obtainable than ever. UST Tubeless Road technology makes this new wheel system faster and smoother
Weight: 1850 grams (Pair without tyre)
Roll faster and smoother with a reduced risk of punctures.
With UST Road Tubeless, no tube means no friction. So you experience less rolling resistance and higher speeds.
UST Road Tubeless lets you ride with lower tire pressure for smoother ride and a reduced risk of punctures.
Our patented UST system offers a perfect union between tire and wheel, so installation, removal and maintenance are easy.
Added speed and efficiency for sprints and solo riding.
30mm deep aero rim profile .
Ultra bladed straight pull spokes.
Disc-brake technology gives you added braking control.
Engineered with a disc-brake specific rim profile.
12mm thru-axle hub front and rear, convertible to quick release.
Compatible with Center Lock rotors.
The Cosmic name represents that perfect balance between aerodynamics and weight. It’s about producing more speed on the flats while minimizing weight for the climbs.
This Cosmic Elite takes those qualities to the next level with our UST Tubeless Road Technology. Removing the tube reduces friction and allows you to run lower tire pressures with less worries about punctures. That makes it both faster and smoother, even on rough roads.
It’s also engineered specifically for disc brakes, with steel-bladed straight-pull spokes that are stronger than traditional J-bend spokes, which are connected to our strongest hub platform running on smooth QRM bearings.
Our extensive wind tunnel testing led us to create a 30mm deep rim that optimizes aero performance and improves stability in crosswinds. The thickness of the rim wall is carefully tuned to hit the sweet spot between stiffness, strength and weight.
Pedaling torque is efficiently transferred with our FTS-L freewheel system—light, smooth, stiff and easy to service. This hub easily converts from Shimano/SRAM to Campagnolo cassette.
The Cosmic Elite Disc comes with our Yksion Pro UST tires, which deliver a very low rolling resistance to further enhance the efficiency of these wheels.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Front axle: 12mm thru axle, easily convertible to quick release with included adapters. Convertible to 15mm with complete axle replacement
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with included adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3440101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- 12x135 rear axle adapters (V2510901)
- 12 to 9mm rear adapter for quick release (V2510801 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12x142 rear axle adapters (V2510701 Delivered with the wheel)
- 15mm axle (V23 719 01) + 15mm fork rest (V2390801)
- 12 to 9mm front adapter for quick release (V2680301 Delivered with the wheel)
- Tyre 700x25: 260 grams
- Pair without tyre: 1850 grams
- Front without tyre: 855 grams
- Rear without tyre: 995 grams
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Front: Quick release, 12x100 and 15x100 through axle compatible
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Max. Pressure tubeless: 25mm 7 bars 100 PSI, 28mm 6 bars - 87 PSI. Max pressure tubetype: 25/28mm 7,7 bars - 110 PSI
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17TC ROAD
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Height: 30 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Joint: SUP
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, flat
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI
- Disc standard: Center Lock only