Cosmic Elite UST
Fast and light wheels
A lightweight, aero wheel system with UST Road Tubeless at an attainable price.
Weight: 1770 grams (Pair without tyre)
Roll faster and smoother with a reduced risk of punctures.
With UST Road Tubeless, no tube means no friction. So you experience less rolling resistance and higher speeds.
UST Road Tubeless lets you ride with lower tire pressure for smoother ride and a reduced risk of punctures.
Our patented UST system offers a perfect union between tire and wheel, so installation, removal and maintenance are easy.
Added speed and efficiency for sprints and solo riding.
30mm deep aero rim profile.
Ultra bladed straight pull spokes.
Long-lasting durability you can depend on.
Reinforced lower bridge gives the rim incredible resistance.
Interchangeable QRM cartridge bearings.
The Cosmic Elite is a perfect entry point into high-level race performance. This all-new UST Road Tubeless system delivers a smoother ride and improved puncture resistance while retaining a lightweight feel for climbing and accelerating.
By removing the tube, we’ve also removed friction—so there’s less rolling resistance, which means it requires less energy to reach higher speeds. The UST system, including the sealant that makes the tires more resistant to punctures, is also 40g lighter than a traditional tube and tire system. Wind tunnel testing led us to create a 30mm deep rim that optimizes aero performance and improves stability in crosswinds. The alloy rim benefits from our unrivaled experience creating light yet strong rim extrusions. We do this by carefully tuning the thickness of the rim wall to hit the sweet spot between stiffness, strength and weight.
Pedaling torque is efficiently transferred with our FTS-L freewheel system, which is light, smooth, stiff and easy to service. The hub easily converts from Shimano/SRAM to Campagnolo cassette.
The Cosmic Elite comes with our Yksion Pro UST tires, which deliver a very low rolling resistance to further enhance the efficiency of these wheels.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (30871201)
- FTS-L Shimano / Sram freewheel body (30871101 Delivered on the wheel)
- Tyre 700x25: 260 grams
- Pair without tyre: 1770 grams
- Front without tyre: 815 grams
- Rear without tyre: 955 grams
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: steel
- Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Max. Pressure tubeless: 25mm 7 bars 100 PSI, 28mm 6 bars - 87 PSI. Max pressure tubetype: 25/28mm 7,7 bars - 110 PSI
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17TC ROAD
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Height: 30 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Brake track: UB Control
- Joint: SUP
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Material: steel
- Shape: straight pull, flat
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Count: 20 front and rear
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI