Speed road wheels
Proven at the Tour de France and Ironman World Championship with race-winning speed and aerodynamics.
Weight: 1100 grams (Rear without tyre)
Shave seconds off your TT and triathlon times.
Full carbon disc design delivers best-in-class aero performance.
Lenticular flange on non-drive side minimizes drag.
Accelerate faster with less effort.
High-modulus carbon fiber walls with unidirectional and honeycomb weave provide ultralight strength.
Aluminum axle offers strong durability with minimal weight.
Hold higher speeds with added control.
Exalith 2 rim treatment and optimized brake pads reduce braking distance up to 18% in wet conditions with zero compromises to rim durability.
The Comète Road Tubular disc wheel is the choice for pros racing against the clock. From the team time trial at the Tour de France to the Olympics to pro Ironman races, it’s a proven route to the top step of the podium.
High-modulus, unidirectional carbon fiber flanges are wrapped over a honeycomb structure, producing the uncompromising stiffness that pro racers demand. The drive side flange is flat, which maximizes space for the cassette. The non-drive side is lenticular—a perfect solution to minimize drag. In certain wind conditions, the wheel produces forward lift and can generate its own momentum when a certain speed is reached. Its unique Exalith 2 rim technology provides consistent and reliable braking in wet and dry conditions.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (30871201)
- FTS-L Shimano / Sram freewheel body (30871101 Delivered on the wheel)
- Rear without tyre: 1100 grams
- Axle material: aluminum
- Rear body: aluminum
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi
- Recommended tyre sizes: 18 to 25 mm
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Tyre: tubular
- Brake track: Exalith
- Unidirectional and honeycomb weave, high modulus carbon fiber
- Asymmetrical walls: convex paracular (drive side) and lenticular (non drive side)
- 6106 aluminum rim body