Comète Pro Carbon SL Tubular
Speed road wheels
For flat-out speed and aero efficiency that won’t compromise stability in crosswinds, this 64mm full-carbon tubular has the proven performance that pros demand.
Weight: 1490 grams (Pair without tyre)
Less drag and crosswind resistance so you’re faster on hills and flats.
NACA 64mm airfoil rim features a wide, rounded shape for low drag and crosswind stability.
Low lateral wind resistance.
Straight-pull aero spokes.
Accelerate, climb and sprint faster with lighter, stiffer wheels.
Full carbon rims for a superlight system and dynamic ride quality.
Stiff aluminum axles and large bearings.
Instant Drive 360 freewheel system for ultra-fast engagement.
Experience the same performance as Mavic pro teams and riders.
Ridden by Cannondale-Drapac, Ag2r-La Mondiale teams.
Lightweight, stiff and ultra-efficient, this full-carbon aero tubular is the top choice for Mavic WorldTour pros who want maximum performance when the racing speeds are high.
Perfect for fast, flat road races or windy triathlons, it features progressive aerodynamic technology that delivers a stable ride quality. The rim is engineered with a NACA rim profile that’s 64mm deep and 26mm wide. This wide, rounded shape was developed through countless hours in the wind-tunnel to produce the lowest possible drag without sacrificing stability in crosswinds. That’s what our pro racers demand, and that’s what they got.
The carbon-fiber rims are engineered using our iTgMAX technology, which uses a laser treatment to remove the first layer of resin in the brake track. This innovative process improves braking performance and reliability in dry or wet conditions without compromising strength.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3440101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- Pair without tyre: 1490 grams
- Front bearings : adjustable sealed cartridge bearings (QRM+), Rear bearings : auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Height: 64mm
- Material: 3K carbon fibers
- Brake track: carbon with iTgMAX technology
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Drilling: traditional
- Tyre: tubular
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Shape: straight pull, aero, double butted
- Nipples: aluminum, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Count: front 18, rear 20