Aksium Elite UST
Durable UST road wheel system with a 19mm wide rim for a smooth, dynamic ride quality.
High rolling efficiency and reduced risk of flats.
Dynamic ride quality at a great value.
- UST increases rolling efficiency and reduces the risk of flats.
- Rim contour and diameter optimized for ease of use with UST or tube type tires.
Reliable performance for all-season training.
- Welded rim design saves 40g and adds strength.
- Wider rim improves rolling efficiency and comfort.
- Lightweight, foldable tire beads.
- Yksion Elite UST tires offer secure traction and puncture resistance.
- High-quality cartridge bearings perform consistently and last.
The Aksium Elite UST brings all the benefits of our Road Tubeless technology to aspiring road riders looking to improve their performance.
The UST rim is welded, which improves strength and braking efficiency, and is 19mm wide for a smooth ride quality. Straight-pull bladed spokes maximize stiffness and strength, and the hubs are built with our QRM bearings and axle system for long-lasting durability.
The wheels are paired with our 25mm Yksion Elite UST tires, which offer the right balance of low rolling resistance and all-round grip that’s perfect for long rides in variable weather and road conditions. Road Tubeless technology allows you to run lower tire pressure for a smooth ride and a reduced risk of flats. It's the perfect setup for logging lots of training miles on challenging roads.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (30871201)
- FTS-L Shimano / Sram freewheel body (30871101 Delivered on the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1780 grams
- Front without tyre: 825 grams
- Rear without tyre: 955 grams
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: steel
- Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Max. Pressure: see indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the 2
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Height: 25mm
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Brake track: UB Control
- Joint: SUP
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Shape: straight pull, flat, double butted
- Material: steel
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Count: 20 front and rear
UST Tubeless Ready
- Front and Rear Tread: 11 Storm single compound
- Yksion Pro UST
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Dimension: 25-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Casing: 127 TPI
Traction, control and lightweight.
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
Stronger and smoother joint
Soudé Usiné Process. After bending, the rim joint is arc welded. The welded seam is then milled for a smooth finish.
Qualité de Roulements Mavic
Mavic only uses high quality sealed cartridge bearings. On QRM wheels, they feature double sealing (2RS or LLU) together with tight C3 internal clearance.
Force Transfer System Light
Reinforcement of key transmission components: the contact area between the pawl and the hub body is reinforced by 2 stainless steel inserts, which allows the use of a 100% aluminum hub body.