The reliable everyday performance of Aksium, engineered for the special demands of disc brakes.
Weight: 1905 grams (Pair without tyre)
Powerful, reliable disc brakes for added confidence and control.
24 spokes front and rear for optimized brake torque distribution.
Disc-brake optimized rim profile.
Disc-friendly spoke geometry and lacing pattern.
Smooth, efficient ride quality.
Wider 17mm (inner width) rims allow tires up to 32mm.
High quality QRM cartridge bearings.
Straight pull round spokes are stronger than J-bend options.
Aksium is a great choice for everyday road riding.
With a smart balance of high-quality materials and durable construction, it offers aspiring road riders the clear performance benefits of a high-quality wheelset.
This Aksium Disc model includes special features aimed at the unique demands of disc brake road bikes.
It uses straight-pull spokes for added stiffness and strength, and we also increased the spoke count to 24 on both front and rear wheels.
With a 17mm internal width, these rims are compatible with tires up to 32mm, making them versatile, comfortable and ideal for challenging road conditions.
The disc-specific hubs feature super strong QRM bearings that provide low friction and long-term durability.
The Aksium Disc is made for standard quick release and is compatible Center Lock brake rotors.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Front axle: 12x100 thru axle, easily convertible to quick release with included adapters. Not compatible with 15mm through axles.
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to Quick Release with included adapters
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (V3440101 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD freewheel body (V2580101)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (V3440101)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (V3850101)
- 12x135 rear axle adapters (V2510901)
- 12 to 9mm rear adapter for quick release (V2510801 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12x142 rear axle adapters (V2510701 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12mm front hub cap (V2680501 Delivered with the wheel)
- 12 to 9mm front adapter for quick release (V2680301 Delivered with the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1905 grams
- Front without tyre: 870 grams
- Rear without tyre: 1035 grams
- Front: Quick release and 12x100 through axle compatible
- Auto adjust sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto), front and rear
- Rear: Quick Release, 12x142 and 12x135 compatible
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 2 : road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Drilling: traditional
- Height: 21 mm
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Joint: pinned
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Tyre: clincher
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Material: steel
- Lacing: front and rear crossed 2
- Count: 24 front and rear
- Shape: straight pull, round
- Disc standard : 6 Bolts or Center Lock(R)