Mavic quality at an accessible price. Wider rims and durable hubs make Aksium a great choice for everyday road riding.
Weight: 1840 grams (Pair without tyre)
Smooth, efficient ride quality for everyday road riding.
17mm rim accommodates larger tire section for improved comfort.
Straight-pull spokes are stronger than J-bend options.
Engineered durability so you can ride more miles without service.
High quality cartridge bearings.
Pinned joint and reinforced drilling rim design.
Consistent and stable spoke lacing.
Designed with features and technologies that are typically reserved for premium race wheels, Aksium delivers quality performance for everyday road riding. Features include straight-pull spokes for added strength and stiffness, and lightweight rims for a lively ride quality. The rims are now wider, which allows for increased air volume and a better fit for larger diameter tires (up to 32mm). The hubs are incredibly tough, delivering high mileage and long-lasting dependability. And the QRM bearings are the smoothest in the category. It all adds up to a wheelset that delivers the high-quality ride that Mavic is known for.
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body
- FTS-L Campagnolo freewheel body (30871201)
- FTS-L Shimano / Sram freewheel body (30871101 Delivered on the wheel)
- Pair without tyre: 1840 grams
- Front without tyre: 845 grams
- Rear without tyre: 995 grams
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: steel
- Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM)
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Drilling: traditional
- Internal width: 17 mm
- Height: 21 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Joint: pinned
- Material: S6000 Aluminum
- Tyre: clincher
- Brake track: UB Control
- Shape: straght pull, round (front and rear non drive side) and straight pull, flat (rear drive side)
- Nipples: steel, ABS
- Shape: straight pull, round
- Material: steel
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- Count: 20 front and rear