796 MONOBLADE PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF AERODYNAMICS
The 796 MONOBLADE is our most aerodynamic bicycle to date with 100% of its components developed by LOOK and integrated into the frame.
This gem is the result of more than 10 years of Research and Development conducted by our design engineers.
It brings together a number of technological innovations that respond to certain challenges such as aerodynamics, stability, power transmission, lightness and dependability. Other than its unprecedented performance, it offers versatility and unmatched comfort. The 796 MONOBLADE is the arm of choice for triathletes and cyclists looking to beat the clock. Technologies 796 Aero Monoblade Technology
For the last 30 years, LOOK and its engineers have been focused on how to optimize performance, and aerodynamic drag is one of the essential factors.
Every year, LOOK engineers are constantly innovating to push component integration boundaries even further to produce essential aerodynamic gains in performance.The 796 Monoblade tubes are extremely thin, and the components were also crafted with aerodynamics in mind: fork, handlebars, stem, seatpost, crankset, nothing was left to chance.
Our wind tunnel studies have proven it, the 796 Monoblade is the most narrow and aerodynamic bicycle ever created, an indisputable technological feat made possible by the expertise of our development and production. Integration Technology
Designing a bicycle at LOOK does not mean building a frame, then the components.
The creation of a LOOK carbon bicycle is seen as a whole, where the components are thought out and crafted to blend with the frame.
Each element that is connected to the frame must be able to improve the performance of the bicycle. From this integration has come an elegant design and the fluid lines that LOOK knows how to master. ZED 3 Crankset
100% carbon monobloc crankset with unequaled weight/stiffness ratio. The length of the crank arms is adjustable thanks to a tri-lobed nut. The ZED 3 crank is aerodynamic, very rigid and extremely light: 360g (bottom bracket+axle+carbon spider-without chainrings).
Variable lenght: 170mm to 172 or 175mm. AEROPOST Seatpost
A carbon aerodynamic seatpost providing comfort and performance. Thanks to 2 reversible saddle rail trays that come with the bicycle, the AEROPOST seatpost is adjustable, allowing the cyclist to find his or her ideal position.
Like all the other LOOK integrated seatposts, the AEROPOST has an elastomer that dampens vibrations for more comfort. Removable, you may transport your bicycle in the majority of the soft-sided carrying bags and hard cases available on the market. AEROFLATSTEM
The AEROFLATSTEM was designed to be in perfect alignment with the top tube and to provide the thinnest and most aerodynamic frontal attack possible. Its innovative design provides an increase in lateral rigidity of the cockpit while conserving vertical suppleness for better comfort.
The integrated AEROFLATSTEM is an extra narrow 22mm and only works in conjunction with the AEROFLATBAR.
Two lengths are available: 85 and 100 mm. AEROFLATBAR
This incredibly aerodynamic carbon handlebar is reversible, making it possible to adjust the height + or – 50 mm.
Handlebar width=400mm. Drop=25mm AEROBRAKES
Keeping aerodynamics in mind, LOOK integrated its trademarked V-style front brake into the fork itself.
The flow of air is thus facilitated compared to a traditional post mounted caliper brake. 100% Internally routed
All cables and housing are invisible. The routing is 100% internal: it passes through the handlebar, stem and then the frame.
This integration makes the most of its aerodynamic attributes and gives the bicycle a totally clean look. Specifications
- CARBON TYPE : HM IM FIBERS AND HR ULTRALIGHT 1.5K
- FORK : MONOBLADE SPECIFIC INTEGRATED BRAKE
- STEM : INTEGRATED AEROFLAT STEM LENGTHS AVAILABLE: 85-110MM
- LUGS : WITHOUT: MONOBLOC CONTRUCTION
- BOTTOM BRACKET : ZED SPECIFIC 65 MM
- CRANKSET :
- ZED 3 AERO COMPATIBLE COMPACT (110 MM) OU DOUBLE (130 MM) ADJUSTABLE ARMS :
- SIZE 1 : 155 / 157.5 / 160 MM
- SIZE 2 : 162.5 / 165 / 167.5 MM
- SIZE 3 : 170 / 172.5 / 175 MM
- (DELIVERED WITH BOLTS BUT NO CHAINRINGS)
- FRONT DERAILLEUR HANGER : REPLACEABLE HANGER
- SEAT POST : AEROPOST WITH INTERNAL Di2 BATTERY COMPATIBLE 2 POSSIBLE SETBACKS AND REVERSIBLE (4 POSITIONS)
- HEADSET : AEROSET SPECIFIC INTEGRATED 3/4″ TOP STAINLESS CARTRIDGE 1″1/8 BOTTOM STAINLESS CARTRIDGE-Ø TOP : 30MM Ø BOTTOM: 39MM ANGLE SET 45°/45°
- BRAKES : INTEGRATED INTO THE FORK (AEROBRAKE 2, LOOK SPECIFIC) AND UNDER THE CHAINSTAY (SHIMANO DIRECT MOUNT)
- DROP OUTS/HANGERS : COMPRESSED CARBON MONOBLOC CHAIN AND SEAT STAYS, REPLACEABLE ALUMINUM REAR DERAILLEUR HANGER
- WATER BOTTLE FITTING : 1 FITTING
- SIZES : XS/S S /M L/XL
- WEIGHT : 1350 GR. WITH SEAT TUBE NOT CUT IN SIZE S WITHOUT CRANKSET
- ACCESSORIES : COLORED HOUSING KIT BLACK PROTECTIVE COVER
- WARRANTY : FRAME AND FORK : 5 YEARS, PAINT AND FINISH : 1 YEAR (NON-TRANSFERABLE)