765 HM ENDURANCE AND LIGHTWEIGHT
With the 765 HM, our engineers have created an ultra endurance and very lightweight bicycle. To accomplish this, they tested a new geometry and carbon technology. The top tube is shorter, and the cockpit is raised up as a result of the headset being positioned higher. The “CARBOFLAX” technology combines carbon and flax linen fibers, which filter vibrations, providing a major benefit on long endurance rides.
The 765 is the benchmark for high-end endurance bicycles. Its High Modulus carbon fiber makes it, in addition its comfort properties, an ultralight weight bicycle. Technologies CarboFlax Technology
This technology is the result of the combination of 2 types of fibers from different materials: carbon (High Modulus) and flax linen fibers. The carbon is joined with the flax to filter the vibrations transmitted by more or less quality roads, therefore increasing the comfort level of the bicycle. LOOK strategically applied this technology to the fork and chainstays as it is these 2 places that react immediately to road impacts. Combining the linen adds the wonderful and natural property of vibration dampening.
Sandwiched between two carbon sheets, it increases the overall performance of the bicycle: the cyclist who battles fewer road vibrations will conserve all his or her energy for pedaling and bike handling; a real benefit for long endurance rides. HM UD Carbon Technology
HM: High Modulus. “High-end” fibers. Their stiffness is very elevated, on average double that of HR fibers. The HM fibers permit more rigidity without the added weight. LOOK bicycles are made with either HM 3K or 1.5K fibers, the latter having a finer weave, therefore lighter (ie. a 1.5 fiber =1500 threads in 1 fiber).
The unidirectional fiber sheets, also known as UD: The carbon fibers on the sheet are all orientated in the same direction. A tube or any other carbon fabricated product, is made up of a succession of layers, one of the principal fabrication secrets and one of LOOK’s strengths, lies in the choice of fiber orientation for each layer. This allows a very precise control over the desired behavior for each manufactured piece.
For over 30 years, LOOK has developed a unique expertise and a vast experience of combining different types of fibers to achieve specific desired properties. We know how to vary the parameters of carbon composition to give a product a desired behavior. Specifications
- CARBON TYPE : BLEND OF HM (HIGH MODULUS) CARBON FIBERS AND FLAX LINEN FIBERS FOR BETTER VIBRATION DISPERSION.
- FORK : 765 CARBOFLAX BLEND OF CARBON AND FLAX LINEN FIBERS, CARBON DROPOUTS. EN 14781 COMPLIANT
- LUGS : WITHOUT: MONOBLOC CONTRUCTION
- BOTTOM BRACKET : PRESS FIT 30 WIDTH. 68 MM
- FRONT DERAILLEUR HANGER : 31.8 DIAMETER COLLAR
- SEAT POST : 27.2 MM
- HEADSET : FSA 11/8 TOP ANGLE SET 36 INT / 45 EXT.ET 1 1/4 BOTTOM ANGLE SET 45INT/45EXT
- DROP OUTS/HANGERS : CARBON REAR REPLACEABLE RIGHT
- WATER BOTTLE FITTING : 2 FITTINGS
- SIZES : XS S M L XL
- WEIGHT : 990G (SIZE M) FORK 330 GR.
- ACCESSORIES : HOUSING KIT
- GUARANTY : FRAME AND FORK : 5 YEARS, PAINT AND FINISH : 1 YEAR (NON-TRANSFERABLE)