The new FERNWEG – AERO meets PERFORMANCE
With the new full carbon wheel FERNWEG
Lightweight is setting new standards in terms of aerodynamics, lower cross wind vulnerability, stiffness, handling and weight. Our engineers have collaborated with aerodynamics specialists, incorporated aspects from the aerospace industry and reworked the design to create a premium top wheel. The result is finally setting new benchmarks among aero-wheels on the market.
Lightweight has spent months in the wind-tunnel with professional triathletes until the perfect shape and profile height was developed. The result is a unique aerodynamic carbon spokes wheel with impressive performance values. With our new FERNWEG
we now joined the champions league of aero wheels and don’t have to shy away from comparison with our competition regarding aerodynamics.
is a premium wheel combining top values in aerodynamics, lower cross wind vulnerability, stiffness, handling and weight. The new FERNWEG
is available in the rim heights of 63mm and 85mm. The non disc version can be ordered for clincher as well as for tubular tyres. The disc version is only being offered for clincher tyres. The Standard variant will be available with a white and optional with a red decal. Of course we will further offer the „Schwarz Edition“ variant which is equipped with CeramicSpeed
bearings and comes with a black decal.
, Lightweight has finally arrived in the pro-sports segment. It was built up on the basic concept of our top wheel MEILENSTEIN
and further developed into an aero-wheel. Sounds promising, doesn’t it?
All version can be ordered right away and will be delivered by the end of the first quarter of 2019.
- Wheel type: Tubular
- Weight FW: 640 gr
- Weight BW: 795 gr
- Rim depth: 63 mm
- Max rim width: 25 mm
- No. of spokes (FW/BW): 16/20
- Tyre width: 24-34 mm
- Max. system weight: 100 kg
- Aero wheel based on the concept of our renowned MEILENSTEIN wheel
- Integration of the propulsive properties and stiffness of MEILENSTEIN
- Modern shape – rim design optimised for aerodynamic efficiency
- Top wheel in the combination of aerodynamics, crosswind sensitivity, stiffness, handling and weight
- Outstanding stiffness to weight ratio in the field of high profile wheels
- Very low crosswind sensitivity
- Full carbon spokes for direct power transmission without loss of energy
- Best used for mountainous, twisting and/or windy triathlon competitions as well as time trials