The Foray drafts off the bold design language of our premium Synthe helmet, and offers many of our key features including durable in-mold construction and the Roc Loc 5 fit system with two-way fit adjustment. The slim design is very light, offers great ventilation and is available in three Super Fit sizes so that you can get a helmet that looks, fits and feels like it was made for you. MIPS models are available with the Multi-Directional Impact Protection System. We believe MIPS can redirect energy and provide more protection in certain impacts.
- Weight: approx. 270g
- Features: Streamlined Design, Plush interior, MIPS equipped
- Construction: In-mold polycarbonate shell with EPS Liner
- Fit System: Roc Loc 5
- Ventilation: 21 Vents
- All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts. Learn more about MIPS in the video above.
Roc Loc Air Fit System
- This revolutionary fit system adds a new dimension to helmet performance by enhancing cooling, as well as fit comfort and stability. Using a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull, Roc Loc Air allows cool airflow to pass directly over your head, further enhancing the performance of vents and internal channeling that exhaust heat out of the helmet. Fit and feel adjustments mimic the Roc Loc 5, allowing you to easily custom tune fit tension and fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand.
SUPER FIT ENGINEERING
- Our proprietary Super Fit sizing system is based on “human scale factors” data and over 25 years of handcrafting helmets. By creating helmet molds in up to 4 adult sizes to match the human body’s form, our Super Fit sizes comfortably and securely fit riders, and feel like they are custom made just for you.
- In-Mold Construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows for better ventilation systems, making in-mold helmets lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
WIND TUNNEL VENTILATION
- Giro helmets are developed utilizing our proprietary Wind Tunnel ventilation system. This elaborate design combines active vents in the helmet’s shell with exhaust channels inside the helmet that thrust fresh, cool air over and around the rider’s head while forcing heat and stale air out. It’s the most effective cooling system available, and a difference you can feel every time you ride.