The Bexley MIPS is our top tier urban helmet including all the features you’d expect in a premium helmet—plus a few more. The compact shape of the Bexley MIPS creates attractive style while still providing extended coverage, and the plush, antimicrobial padding keeps you comfortable. A retractable and replaceable shield protects your eyes from wind and glare, especially during higher speed commutes on an e-bike. The integrated rear light is designed so that you don’t even know it’s there when it’s off—but turning the light on makes the entire back panel of the helmet glow for substantially increased visibility on the road. Roc Loc Air provides superior fit and ventilation, and four large vents are easily adjustable on the fly. Add the cozy ear pads and Bexley MIPS is supremely comfortable, even in inclement weather. The Bexley MIPS is equipped with the MIPS system to redirect impact energy, which can provide more protection in certain impacts.
- Features: Plush antimicrobial padding, Extended coverage Integrated rear light, Retractable & replaceable shield, MIPS equipped
- Construction: Hybrid in-mold construction
- Fit System: Roc Loc Air
- Ventilation: Ten vents, four of which have “on-the-fly” adjustability, Adjustable wind tunnel ventilation, Deep internal channels with four closable upper vents
- All Giro helmets are designed to reduce as much energy as possible while meeting and exceeding stringent safety standards. The goal of Giro’s MIPS-equipped helmets is to reduce rotational forces. Giro believes that helmets equipped with this technology can reduce the amount of rotational force that may be transferred to rider’s brain in certain impacts. Learn more about MIPS in the video above.
Roc Loc Air Fit System
- This revolutionary fit system adds a new dimension to helmet performance by enhancing cooling, as well as fit comfort and stability. Using a patented design that suspends the helmet just slightly off the top of the skull, Roc Loc Air allows cool airflow to pass directly over your head, further enhancing the performance of vents and internal channeling that exhaust heat out of the helmet. Fit and feel adjustments mimic the Roc Loc 5, allowing you to easily custom tune fit tension and fore-aft tilt of the helmet in seconds using a single hand.
WIND TUNNEL VENTILATION
- Giro helmets are developed utilizing our proprietary Wind Tunnel ventilation system. This elaborate design combines active vents in the helmet’s shell with exhaust channels inside the helmet that thrust fresh, cool air over and around the rider’s head while forcing heat and stale air out. It’s the most effective cooling system available, and a difference you can feel every time you ride.