True Performance Meets True Style
Advanced Running Dynamics and Physiological Metrics
- Omni-directional EXO antenna, with GPS/GLONASS satellite reception, has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- 1.2-inch sunlight-readable Garmin Chroma Display with high-strength domed sapphire lens
- Fitness training features like advanced running dynamics with vertical oscillation and vertical ratio, VO2 max, recovery advisor and more¹
- Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer and TracBack feature
- Connect IQ platform compatibility for customized apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields
- Battery life: up to 16 hours in GPS training mode; up to 2 weeks in watch mode
Go further with your running data and tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics¹. When used with a heart rate monitor, fēnix 3 reports the following data:
Swim Profile, Ski/Board Mode, Rowing and Golf
- Vertical oscillation and ratio — the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the benefit ratio to stride length
- Ground contact and balance — shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry
- Cadence — number of steps per minute
- Stride length — determines a responsive current pace
- Physiological metrics measure your heart to provide:
- Stress score: fēnix 3 measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level. The scale of this is 1 to 100, low scores indicate lower stress levels.
- Performance condition: After running for 6-20 minutes, fēnix 3 compares your real-time condition to your average fitness levels.
- Lactate threshold: Through analysis of your pace and heart rate, fēnix 3 estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue.
fēnix 3 HR watch isn’t just for running; special feature sets help swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand up paddle boarding and rowing. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim device, fēnix 3 tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. You just tell fēnix 3 the size of the pool you’re swimming in and begin your workout. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect. You can even use your fēnix 3 as a glove-friendly remote, via ANT+ wireless connectivity, for VIRB action cameras.
Navigate Your Way
fēnix 3 watch provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass). TracBack feature navigates you back to your starting point the same way you came. Its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes.
It records a GPS track log, creating a “bread crumb trail” as you move. It also allows you to mark locations, such as a start/finish line, course checkpoint or a campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. With fēnix 3, you can create and follow courses as well.
fēnix 3 is equipped with both ANT+ connectivity and Bluetooth³ smart capabilities to wirelessly share locations, routes and geocaches.
Smart notifications³ let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you're on the trail. fēnix 3 receives the wireless signal from a compatible smartphone³ and lets you know you have a message by displaying the text on its own screen whenever you’re ready to read it.
Other connected features include automatic upload to Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect Mobile applications.