The classic at the very heart of Early Rider. In 2005 we set out to encapsulate the spirit of adventure and encourage a lifestyle that countered the growing culture of kids glued to a screen. We would just picture our boys rolling off with a bedroll on the back of their bike, leaving behind those kids hooked on playing video games indoors.
What we stumbled upon though, was a design that's function was even important than its statement of intent. We could have just gone the whole hog and called it an Easy Rider.
Its marginally longer wheel base gives it stability and its slackened head tube encourages the bike to stay on line in the event of any wobbles. Its short but wide rear tyre keeps the seat height low, the centre of gravity low and makes balancing so easy even the very youngest can get on and ride.
This is a bike that gives the freedom of independent mobility quicker than any other we make, yet its larger frame and free rolling 14" front wheel mean it's equally suited to the growing explorer venturing further afield. And, thanks to our SuperPly construction, it'll last long enough to see through many a journey and still be worthy of mounting on on the wall.
- Simply Superply. nothing but hand-picked, grade A veneers bonded with the finest marine ply "WBP" glue (water & boil proof) for maximum weather resistance
- Two-step steering: a restricted setting to support new riders and an open setting for the experienced
- Super light Weight aluminium wheelset, boasting aluminium hubs, hollow aluminium axles and sealed cartridge bearings
- Laminated body shaped around a wide rear tyre for extra stability and a lower center of gravity
- STANDOVER HEIGHT: 31CM
- FRAME: LAMINATED GRADE A BIRCH VENEERS, WBP GLUE
- FORK: TRANSVERSE LAMINATED GRADE A BIRCH VENEERS, WBP GLUE
- STEERER TUBES: HOLLOW TIPPED, AL6061 RODS, WOOD DOWEL CASING
- WHEELSET: ER 12/14, PNEUMATIC SEALED CARTRIDGE BEARING
- HUBS: CNC’D AL6061, CARTRIDGE BEARING, HOLLOW AL7075 AXLE
- RIMS: 12" REAR, 14" FRONT, 20H ANODISED AL6061, BLACK
- SEAT POST: 4 SETTING, LAMINATED GRADE A BIRCH, WBP GLUE
- WEIGHT: 4.25KGS
- FRONT TYRE: 14*1.95, INNOVA-2065
- REAR TYRE: 12.5*3.0, INNOVA-2065
- STEM: DUAL STEERING SYSTEM (RESTRICTED + UNRESTRICTED)
- BARS: 2" RISER, LAMINATED GRADE A BIRCH, WBP GLUE
- GRIPS: SOFT TOUCH EVA FOAM
- SADDLE: EVA PAD, EMBROIDERED FAUX LEATHER COVER
- VALVE CAPS: Due to safety regulations changing we are no longer able to supply dust caps as standard for bikes that are labelled as age appropriate for children under 3 years of age.