- this tyre shines on enduro bikes and "all mountain" bikes with a suspension travel of greater than 140mm, thanks to its comfortable and voluminous casing
- multitude of small knobs guarantee best traction on any difficult trail
- This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in our German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres.
- BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds.
- Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.
The new discipline is called Enduro, which has been becoming increasingly popular for some time now. It is the technical challenge of rapid, hard descents and exhausting ascents. This requires the combination of a puncture protecting construction and fine rolling characteristics as well as excellent grip. The proven ProTection layer protects the tyre reliably against cuts and puncturing without significantly increasing the weight. The additional apex side wall stabilisation reliably protects the tyre against puncturing even if the tyre pressure is low. There is also the option of weight optimisation by driving the tyre together with the Conti RevoSealant “TubelessReady”. With an anti-skidding BlackChili Compound tread optimum pairing is achieved when efficiently driving uphill and downhill puncture-free.
Based on activated silica compounds, this technology was originally intended as an performance level compound, but after intensive development at our Korbach Research and Development Department Facility, an advanced new compound with outstanding grip and cross-country properties was developed. This new rubber mix, given the self explanatory name “PureGrip”, is ranked just behind our BlackChili Compound and is being used in our performance products both in the road and mountain bike sectors. Whilst providing great grip, it is also long lasting and highly durable – both characteristics of Continental tyres, which are exclusively manufactured in the factory in Hefei (Asia).