- tyres for deep, muddy conditions with a narrow casing for adequate frame clearance
- knobbly tread for optimum braking and steering, even in the most difficult of conditions
- excellent puncture protection with a continuous two-layer Apex construction
- excellent grip, high mileage and efficient rolling thanks to BlackChili Compound
- This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in our German factory has revolutionised bicycle tyres.
- BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds.
- Premium tyres with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a constant ride from the first to the last kilometre.
Better than ever before, the new Continental ProTection casing. The extra all-round puncture protection layer renders the casings especially durable and insensitive to damage or penetration from foreign elements. Treads and sidewalls are equally protected, and are 25 % lighter and offer 30 % more puncture protection than their predecessors protected by DuraSkin. Rolling resistance and absorption has also significantly improved. The new Made in Germany technology allows it to withstand even the hardest trails across the world. What’s more: they’re universally usable, are inspired by BlackChili Compound and have an Easy, fast, safe Designed without compromise for use in mountain bike racing: The RaceSport casings combine consistent lightweight construction and noticeable superior puncture protection at the highest level. In cooperation with renowned professional mountain bikers we have created the perfect basis for competition tyres. Handmade in Germany, they offer rolling friction and puncture protection of World Cup quality. The structure makes the difference: a particularly fine and flexible nylon fabric with elaborately manufactured protecting rubber lining and universal aesthetically pleasing sidewall design. The new Revolution Tubeless Ready Bead improves the application of Tubeless Ready Tyres.
The sidewalls of freeride and downhill tyres are subjected to extraordinarily high loads. A rubber profile between the carcass layers ensures stability. The Apex sits on the tyre bead and reinforces the sidewalls of the tyre. The tyre is thus protected from impact with the rim during rough rides over rocky ground. The tyre stays more upright when cornering. It does not bend over the sides of the rim when subjected to transverse loads, and always stays true to the course.