- excellent grip and longevity along with robust DuraSkin side protection
- excellent puncture protection thanks to double Vectran puncture protection insert
- solid companion for touring and training; doesn't shy away from sun or rain
- robust all-season tire with worry-free puncture protection and best lifespan
- manufactured in Germany
- Size: ETRTO 23-622 (700 x 23C), 25-622 (700 x 25C), 28-622 (700 x 28C), 32-622 (700 x 32C)
- Type: Folding tyres
- Technique:Double Vectran Breaker
- Skin: DuraSkin
- Color: Black
- Weight: 230 g/23mm, 240 g/25mm, 280 g/28mm, 320 g/32mm
- Pressure: 7.5 - 8.5 Bar
- TPI: 3/330
- TL Ready: no
- Vectran is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tire as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
- Tires with DuraSkin sidewall protection have to be able to roll with the punches. They are used under the harshest conditions. On messenger bikes, the tires skid along curbs; on touring bikes, they cross continents without wearing out. In racing cycling, they have to endure tough tests such as the Paris-Roubaix. The high-quality polyamide fabric protects the tire casing against the worst conditions. These tires stand out thanks to their brown sidewalls.