We started making headsets in 1976 and have been refining them ever since. Our DropSet 1 is built to be precise and dependable and sets the standard for quality integrated headset function delivering precision performance that is built on the same pedigree of Chris King headsets from the past 40 years.
Compatible with Santa Cruz, Yeti, Alchemy, and more.
EC - External
- Engineered, manufactured and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- 10-year built-to-last warranty
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Patented GripLock retention design for exclusively reliable headset adjustment
- Available in 9 beautifully anodized colors
- 41mm 45x45 upper bearing
- 52mm 45x45 lower bearing
- Compatible with our baseplate and 45 degree integrated crown races
: This is the traditional type of thread-less Headset which has upper and lower bearing races pressed into the frame, with the bearings positioned outside of the head tube. These can typically be found on bikes with 1 1/8” head tubes.
IS - Integrated:
A type of headset used on frames where the head tube is machined so that the top and bottom bearings can fit directly inside the frame, eliminating the need for extra bearing cups and enabling the bearings to sit flush with the frame.
ZS - Internal:
A type of headset for bikes without machined head tubes and require aluminum cups to be pressed into the top and bottom of the tube so that the bearings can sit into them. (Zero Stack)