A headset designed to bridge the gap between the 40-series and 110-series headsets. Hellbender 70 has all the design characteristics, sealing elements, and Hellbender bearing found on a premium 110-series headset, at a price closer to a 40-series.
We are proud to announce that $10 from each Cane Creek Hellbender 70 headset purchased through www.canecreek.com between October 15th and 31st will be donated to support the conservation efforts of The Pisgah Conservancy.
The slow-moving, long-lived Eastern Hellbender is the largest salamander in North America. Hellbenders are indigenous to the pristine, mountain waters of the Eastern United States, and are listed as a state endangered species in North Carolina. The Pisgah Conservancy’s Save the Hellbender initiative is set up to protect the remaining Hellbender population and their habitats. Hellbenders truly suffer when the land and trails around our native streams, creeks, and rivers are not sustainably built or used. Cane Creek and all of the conservancy’s partners are committed to responsible management of our National Forests.
- Cups and Covers: 6061 T-6 Aluminum, Internally contoured and relieved to minimize weight and maximize strength
- Covers: Low-friction upper bearing seal completely seals cup from contaminants and is fully captured by the top cover with no loose parts
- Crown Race: Alloy Dual-Seal crown race provides excellent seal efﬁciency with low friction
- Bearings: Premium, sealed stainless-steel HELLBENDER bearings
- ZS44 will take a 41mm bearing
- EC44 will take a 52mm bearing
- ZS56 will take a 52mm bearing
- IS41 will take a 41mm bearing
- IS42 will take a 42mm bearing
- IS52 will take a 52mm bearing
- All complete Cane Creek Hellbender 70 headset assemblies (top or bottom) will use a 36x45 degree contact angle bearing.
- Interlok: Interlok spacer compatible
- Color and Finish: Bright Dip anodized Black finish
- Stack Heights: External Cup (EC) — 12mm bottom, ZeroStack (ZS) — 8mm top, 4mm bottom, Integrated (IS) — 9mm top, 1mm bottom