Long recognized as the world’s lightest headset, the new AER now offers a hybrid steel and aluminum bearing that provides even greater durability and a 40% weight savings over comparable models. Strategic machining and precision contours provide an optimal balance between weight savings and strength. The new AER headset is now an ideal headset choice for road and mountain bike applications- a high quality durable headset with durability and lightweight performance in mind. For an ultralight “Race Day” application, road riders can outfit their AER with a Norglide composite bearing.
AER ALUMINUM LIGHTWEIGHT BEARING
The AER-Series hybrid Steel/Aluminum maintains the quality and durability our bearings are known for, while shaving 35% of the weight.
AER “RACE-DAY” OPTION: NORGLIDE COMPOSITE BEARING
The AER-Series “RACE-DAY” bearing option incorporates Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics latest innovation in composite bearing technology: Norglide T. A revolution in bearing technology, the T material sandwiches an aluminum base (5.3g) between a layer of low-friction PTFE tape and an elastomeric rubber backing material yielding a composite bearing that weighs scant 1.5g
(Road Only / Sold Separately)
- Cups and Covers: 7075 T-6 Aluminum, contoured and relieved to minimize weight and maximize strength
- Compression Ring: Cup-in compression ring
- Crown Race: Aluminum crown race with integrated low-friction seal
- Top Bearing: 41mm or 41.8mm Cane Creek Aluminum Bearing
- Bottom Bearing: 47 and 52mm Cane Creek Aluminum Bearing
- "Race Day" Top Bearing: Interlok spacer compatible
- Interlok: PTFE composite bearing (Road Only / Sold Separately)
- ZeroStack (ZS) — 8mm or 15mm top, 4mm bottom
- Integrated (IS) — 9mm or 15mm top, 1mm bottom