Shamal Ultra Disc Brake
The Shamal wheel is already an industry reference point for high end aluminium wheelsets.
Now for 2018 Campagnolo have taken their know how and expertise to introduce the new disc brake version. The result is a wheel already famous for its steering, smoothness and versatility that is now also available for those wanting a bike with disc brakes.
Weight 2-Way Fit: 1592g
Guaranteed quality and performance
Redesigned specifically for disc brakes
- This is the disc brake variant of the famous Shamal Ultra aluminum wheel
- Flanges of the alloy hub and carbon fibre spacer in the front
Versatile and distinctive
- Front hub axle HH 12/100 and rear HH12/142 floating axle. QR axles available as accessories
- New “road” design of the flange: offering excellent integration with the AFS rotor, it improves transmission of the braking forces
2-way fit version (tubeless + clincher):
- 2-Way Fit version: you can choose whether to use the clincher tyre or the innovative tubeless / tubeless ready (using the sealant recommended by the tyre manufacturer)
- Its black self-locking anodized nipples add a touch of class and keep the spokes in place
it makes it possible for the cyclist to use the same rim to choose the best of the two worlds: traditional clincher tyre or the innovative tubeless.
17 mm inner width rim:
it creates a perfect balance between weight and performance with 25 mm tyres to achieve high levels of comfort.
Different height for the front rim:
The 27 mm profile on the front rim ensures the maximum rigidity on the point of contact of the nipples. The toroidal milling makes it possible to obtain a 25 mm height in the areas where no additional material is needed, reducing thus the weight and improving wheel rideability.
Different height for the rear rim:
the 30 mm profile on the rear rim ensures the maximum rigidity on the point of contact of the nipples. The toroidal milling makes it possible to obtain a 27 mm height in the areas where no additional material is needed, reducing thus the weight and improving the wheel response
Front wheel spokes:
14 aerodynamic aluminium spokes on the braking side and 7 aerodynamic aluminium spokes with a 2/1,6/2 mm section on the drivetrain side.
Rear wheel spokes:
7 aerodynamic aluminium spokes on the braking side and 14 aerodynamic aluminium spokes on the drivetrain side to ensure aerodynamics and response, transferring to the drivetrain side the braking torque generated on the disc.
Anodised self-locking black nipples:
the prevent the possible rotation of the spokes during the wheel life-cycle.
Front HH 12/100 and rear HH 12/142 floating axle:
only one specification to obtain the “Campagnolo performance” also in the transfer of forces to the frame. QR axles available as accessories.
USB (Ultra Smooth Bearing):
high quality ceramic bearings for a smooth and frictionless rolling.
Ring nut with micro-adjustment:
it allows a precise adjustment of the hub.
Aluminium solid body with mega-G3 system in the rear hub:
it ensures great efficiency in terms of aerodynamics and response thanks to the reinforced braking side to improve the resistance to the torque in the braking phase.
Front hub alloy flanges and carbon fibre spacer:
the result is a front wheel extremely light and robust. New “road” design of the flange: excellent integration with the AFS disc, it improves the transmission of the braking forces.
- F21 spokes with G3 technology
- PP Campagnolo 12/11/10/9
- PP HG 11/10
- PP Sram XDR (by means of a specific body available as accessory)
- Aluminium hub with black finish
- USB bearings
- Hub edge: 100mm (front), 142mm (rear)
- Hub material: Aluminium
- Cup-and-cone bearing system
- Profile height: Front: 25/27 – Rear 27/30
- Outer profile width: 22.5 mm
- Profile class: C 17
- Rim material: aluminium
- Tubeless ready