Bora WTO 77
Bora has become the benchmark in the carbon race wheel sector for many reasons, including reactivity, handling, lightness and reliability.
Still, it is the wind, or better said, the penetration of the wind that gives the wheel its name since aerodynamics is an essential part of its performance. With the Bora WTO (Wind Tunnel Optimized) project, the Campy Tech Lab dedicated all of its energy on further improving aerodynamic efficiency, pushing the boundaries once again. Today, the result achieved by this task force is called the Bora WTO 77. Every element of this wheel was designed completely from scratch and it has become the fastest front wheel on the market.
Weight: 2-Way Fit: 755g
The most aerodynamic
- The rim design enables the maximum amount of aerodynamic penetration when the wind angle is between 12° and 19°, making it a thrust for triathlon athletes and having the same impact on the new rim.
- The streamlined design of the central part of the hub decreases the frontal area of the component whilst the special design of the flanges favours airflow detachment.
- The 16-spoke elliptical cross section has a far superior rolling resistance compared to a spoked wheel.
Choose aero... but make it Campagnolo
- The well-known Cult cup-and-cone bearing system is unrivalled in terms of smoothness.
- The 2-Way Fit profile allows you to mount either a clincher tyre or a tubular tyre, with less rolling resistance: the Tubeless.
- The C19 class allows you to mount tyres from 23, 25 mm to 28 mm, with perfect pairing of the rim-tyre system.
Wheel developed in the wind tunnel:
- Campagnolo's rideability remains high despite the focus on aerodynamics.
- The wheel structure enables reducing energy dissipation, transferring all the energy produced by the cyclist to the asphalt.
- With 745 g in weight, not even a 77 mm profile can tolerate the route's variations in elevation.
every wheel component, from the rim to the hub and the spokes, is designed to guarantee maximum aerodynamic penetration.
Rim made entirely of high modulus carbon:
the rim made of unidirectional carbon ensures the rideability Campagnolo is known for.
Special brake blocks for carbon wheels:
the special compound boosts braking performance on both wet and dry surfaces, without increasing the wear rate of the pad.
Cup-and-cone bearing system with CULT Technology:
this technology combines the best ceramic balls and the special stainless steel cage. It is nine times smoother than standard systems – it enables eliminating oxidation and maintaining performance over time.
Cup-and-cone bearing system:
easy to register balls/bearings - reduced possibility of ball/bearing play - precise cycling operations - steady performance levels.
Hub structure in lightweight aluminium that is extremely stiff and aerodynamic:
this was optimised in the wind tunnel and designed to reach elevated performance levels for stiffness and weight.
Versions and weights
- 16 steel spokes in the elliptical cross section
- Anti-rotation technology
- Bright Label
- Only available for: 2-Way Fit: 755g
- Black aluminium monolithic hub
- CULT Cup-and-cone
- Hub edge: 100 mm
- Pivot material: aluminium
- Profile height: 77 mm
- Rim material: carbon
- Rim cross section (H x W): 77 / 26.5 mm
- Rim class: C19
- AC3 technology on the braking rim
- Water Transfer graphic