ax VIAL evo Ultra
CeramicSpeed Coated Headset - UPGRADE LINK
CeramicSpeed Coated Bottom Bracket - UPGRADE LINK
THM Scapula CT Black - UPGRADE LINK
The VIAL evo Ultra pushes the limits and manages to burn a new benchmark into the tarmac.
Significantly building on the success of our award-winning VIAL evo D the ULTRA takes everything to the extremes. State-of-the-art simulation and testing procedures combined with the most exclusive fibre material from the aerospace industry allow for an unprecedented combination of weight, stiffness, stability and comfort.
Its road capability and performance have already been demonstrated by multiple podium finishes in illustrious races as well as the overall victory at the Schwalbe Tour-Transalp. Mountainous terrain is where it is at home, its nature and its maxim. It does not only play its strength uphill, its outstanding stiffness as well as superb handling make every descent a racy delight, wind tunnel proven aerodynamics and the award-winning comfort have proved a recipe for a possibly efficient, energy-consuming and lightning-swift performance on the flats - Ultra, the bike for every occasion!
ax VIAL evo Ultra 2017
For 2017 the VIAL evo Ultra has undergone some key improvements: Whilst keeping its positive properties such as the groundbreaking weight and stiffness as well as the outstanding stiffness, at the same time the usability has been improved in oder to offer you even more fun and riding pleasure.
The rear end has been completely re-designed for 2017. It has kept its asymmetricak shape which is largely responsible for its high stiffness. We have however been altering its geometry to offer more clearance for modern wide rims and wide-building tires and to thus increase the riding comfort even further. At the same time the already very good bottom bracket has further been improved on.
Besides the regular version of the VIAL evo Ultra with 100 kg of a rider weight limit, we now also offer a "Plus" version, that targets more stronger riders and racers thanks to its strategically placed reinforcements and increased material thickness in key areas and its boosted rider weight limit of 120 kg.
By default the VIAL evo Ultra comes with our high-quality, in-house, double sealed ax ball bearing.
As an option the bearings of the bottom bracket, the headset as well as those of the hubs can be upgraded with CeramicSpeed Coated ceramic hybrid bearings, which not only score with their significant increase in smoothness and therewith the saving of valuable Watt, but also with an improved weather-proofness and a further reduction in weight.
The VIAL evo Ultra is available in different versions for the various shifting groups:
VIAL evo Ultra - cable port options
- 1.) Universal For mechanical or Di2-electronic shifting groupsets
- 2a.) Di2 For Di2-electronic shifting groupsets
- 2b.) eTap Clean version for wireless shifting groupsets
- 2c.) EPS For Campagnolo EPS-electronical shifting groupsets
- 2d.) FSA for FSA WE electronical shifting groupset
Scope of delivery VIAL evo Ultra
- Frame sizes: S 52, M 54, L 56, XL 58
- Weight without accessories (+/- 5%): S - 680g, M - 730g, L - 760g, XL - 785g
- Headtube: 1 1/8“ upper, 1 ¼“ lower, tapered
- Bottom bracket: BB386 (inner bearing bore 30 mm, bottom bracket shell width 86 mm) *
- Cable routing: internal
- Seatpost: 27.2 mm
- Tire clearance: 25 mm
- Adapter: Adapter for Shimano Hollowtech cranks or Sram GXP cranks available separately; Campagnolo OverTorque cranks compatible without adapter; not compatible with Campagnolo Ultra-Torque cranksets.
Vial Evo Ultra drivetrain compatibilities
- Frame: ax VIAL evo Ultra
- Fork: 3T Rigida LTD, optional: THM Scapula CT-UD
- Headset: ax Tapered 1 1/8" - 1 1/4", optional: CeramicSpeed coated Ceramic-Hybrid-bearings
- Bottom bracket: ax BB386, optional: CeramicSpeed coated Ceramic-Hybrid-bearings
- Seatpost clamp: ax Aluminium