Cosmic SLR 40 Clincher
With a redesigned 40mm rim and easier to use Road Tubeless technology, this carbon wheelset is the fastest, stiffest and lightest all-rounder for road bikes with rim brakes.
This all-new carbon wheelset is a great choice for road riders aiming to aiming to be fast and efficient in all types of riding and racing situations. Not only does the 40mm airfoil rim slice through the wind with minimal drag, but it’s also the lightest in its category.
A new rim laminate saves 40g per rim. The spokes attach to the rim without any need to drill the upper rim bed, so no rim tape is required. That means more weight savings (30g) and less hassle when it comes to set up or repair tubeless tyres; The new shape of the rim bed also makes it easier than ever to mount and remove tires. UST Tubeless setup means no tube, so no friction, and more air volume means a smoother ride. The result is a faster ride with super low rolling resistance. At last, our patented elliptical spokes save another 5 watts.
Our new Infinity hub platform optimizes the spoke lacing for efficient power transfer through highly controlled spoke tension. The Instant Drive 360 freewheel with automatic bearing preload adjustment (QRM Auto) provides fast engagement, high stiffness and added durability. In addition to more speed, you also get better braking control with our proven iTgMax technology. A patented laser treatment of the brake track shortens stopping distance in both dry and wet conditions, and a special lay-up and heat treatment process makes it the strongest and most durable of all carbon rims for rim brakes.
It's available for Shimano driver body and can convert to Campagnolo and SRAM XD-Road with optional driver bodies.
These wheels are designed, engineered and patented by Mavic in Annecy, France, and are 100% handmade in our European carbon factory. Specifications Compatibility
Compatible Adapters and freewheel bodies
- Freewheel: Shimano/Sram, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- ID360 Shimano / Sram freewheel body (LV3430100 Delivered on the wheel)
- ID360 XD-R freewheel body (LV2580100)
- ID360 Campagnolo freewheel body (LV3440100)
- ID360 Shimano / Sram Light freewheel body (LV3850100)
- Pair without tyre: 1390 grams
- Front without tyre: 640 grams
- Rear without tyre: 750 grams
- Infinity Hubs
- QRM Auto bearing preload technology
- Instant Drive 360 freewheel technology
- Front and rear bodies: aluminum
- Axle material: aluminum
- ASTM CATEGORY 1 : road only
- Fore Carbon tapeless tubeless technology
- Material: 100% carbon fiber
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- UST Tubeless Ready
- Internal width: 19 mm
- Height: 40 mm
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tire: UST Tubeless and tubetype
- Shape: straight pull, elliptical aero, double butted (patented)
- Isopulse lacing design
- Material: steel
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminum
- Lacing: front radial, rear Isopulse
- Count: front 18, rear 20