AC - 50 gram
Suitable for disc brakes and suspension forks, for mtb, road and FAT Bike
The AC20+21 quick-releases, are light enough for pros, strong enough for disc brakes and safe enough for every laboratory test.And 20 years ago, they were good enough for the Russian Space station, and we’ve only improved them since. Nowadays, we build them lighter and better than ever, and even laser-etch the Tune logo on the lever.
We need to; the Tune AC is so often copied, it’s the one thing they can’t get the better of.The Chinese says:“ It is a honor to be copied”. There is hardly no product group that has been copied as often as our quickrelease. Beginning with the AC and now even with the DC quickrelease. To continue with the Eastern wisdom:” the power comes out of the middle”. Tune quickreleases are tapered in the threadless part to conduct the force lines below the nut and head end to avoid damage by notches.
We don´t like any “weak-heads”. As a consequent the fine threads are not cutted, but rolled. This is a kind of forging method for threads. No tear-off on the axles = no mental blackout for you. The material: titan, more precisely TiAl6V4. Since now 20 years unchanged. Since now 20 years easy.
- Eccentric & locknut: aluminium
- Axle: titanium
- Lever: titanium
- Manufacturing method: CNC-milled/ turned, rolled fine thread M5 x 0,5
- Function principle: eccentric principle
- Locknut with Tune profile
- Lenghts front: 100mm (road & mtb), 135mm (FAT Bike)
- Lenghts rear: 130mm (road), 135mm (disc-road & mtb), 170mm (FAT Bike), 190mm (FAT Bike)