Mavic Crossmax Charge XL
Grip and control
Riding up mountains and ripping back down is what all-mountain riding is all about. And when you’re hitting the trails hard – uphill or down – you need full trust in your equipment.
Comfortable, stable – and aggressive
Crossmax Charge XL was developed to work best as a front tyre. It features a comfortable and stable 2.4" wide casing with an aggressive profile, above average mud clearing capacities and a soft compound (SCC - Super Contact Compound, 40a) for unrivalled grip. This tyre has been designed to enhance confidence in all situations and features a tread that enables smooth and predictable transition between rolling tread and side knobs.
At ease on rocky tracks
Crossmax Charge XL is built with a dual ply casing (Guard 2) to be totally at ease on rocky single tracks, while keeping the weight as low as possible. This is helped by a UST Tubeless Ready construction, which also gives more comfort and a reduced risk of flats.
Available in 26x2.4, 27.5x2.4 and 29x2.35 with white graphics and in 27.5x2.4 only with Yellow Ltd graphics.
Enduro efficiency for front use
- Super Contact Compound (SCC): all the grip needed for fast racing
- High side knobs for better cornering
- Aggressive centre knobs for efficient and predictable braking
Mavic's exclusive construction
- Large 2.4 casing for better comfort (2.35 in 29")
- Guard 2: dual ply reinforced casing
- UST Tubeless Ready: reduced risk of flats
- Super Contact Compound all over
- Matching wheels and tyres graphics
- Ideal performance on Crossmax XL Pro
The best grip
SCC: Super Contact Compound is the softest compound (40a) and delivers unbelievable grip in all conditions.
It gives the extra confidence needed to push your limits.
- Super soft: dedicated to maximum grip
- For racing and riding in mixed and wet conditions
UST Tubeless Ready
- Guard 2: the strongest tyre
- Dual ply construction makes for a super strong casing to prevent flats even at low pressure. Rubber layers thickness is optimized to keep the weight low.
- Recommended for Enduro racing and all types of aggressive riding.
Traction, control and lightweight
The UST concept improves traction, control and comfort while reducing inertia and flats.
The 'tubeless ready' construction results in a lighter tyre for improved performance.
- Benefits of UST: traction, control, comfort
- Tubeless Ready: lighter construction, perfectly air tight with the use of sealant